The Racial Equity and Justice Institute is seeking article submissions for our second peer-reviewed handbook on equity-minded systemic change practices in higher education with anticipated free-access publication in fall 2024.
Potential topic areas could include:
- Equity-minded curricular changes in multiple courses, core curriculum, etc.
- Faculty and/or staff development strategies that have resulted in equity-minded changes in the work of the college or campus
- Strategies focused on infusing equity-mindedness into multiple high impact practices
- Equity-minded human resources strategies that resulted in changes in policies, procedures, norms, cultures across the campus
- Frameworks for divisional, college or campus-wide racial equity audits
- Utilization of equity-minded business processes at the division, college, campus levels
- Any other strategy that shows evidence of creating systemic equity-minded change in higher education
DATES TO REMEMBER
Intent to submit article for consideration: October 31, 2023
Submit authors’ contact information and draft article abstract at this link: https://bridgew.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ers0FcRWnf8sKkS
Deadline for Call: January 2, 2024
See guidelines. Submit article using template below at this link: https://studentbridgew-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/rkimball_bridgew_edu/EfZ8WX6Ay_lPnIGgM8DD5-QBe6GURzXdJmoE9-5cdllidA
Review timeline: January 2, 2024 – March 1, 2024
Submissions will receive peer review by the Advisory Board of the Racial Equity and Justice Institute.
Notification to Authors: Week of March 1, 2024
Racial equity in higher education is needed and possible. Thank you for considering the REJI’s second practitioner handbook to feature your work focused on equity-minded systemic change in higher education.
GUIDANCE FOR AUTHORS
To expedite editing process, helpful information has been embedded in the article template. Submissions should not include previously published work.
- Submit article using template: https://studentbridgew-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/rkimball_bridgew_edu/EfZ8WX6Ay_lPnIGgM8DD5-QBe6GURzXdJmoE9-5cdllidA
- Use APA format
- Submit document that is formatted using Times New Roman 12-point font and is double-spaced
- Include at least 7-10 references from peer-reviewed literature (if applicable)
- Data and Figures: When data is included in the article please submit PNG images of charts or graphs embedded into document for editing efforts. Be prepared to share all data files, such as Excel files used to create charts and graphs if there are embed chart(s) of data within the body of the article.
If possible, please also send 1-3 photos from your campus/organization for consideration for use in handbook. Please provide photos with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher and of professional quality. Ensure you also download the photo permission form showing they can be utilized.
SUBMITTING YOUR FILES
All materials submitted (your article, photos and permission form, and data files must contain the first author’s last name to aid us in organizing submissions. Submit all materials at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/tIBpU4qNh7vWkUPNzPT4
In grateful partnership,
Sabrina Gentlewarrior, PhD
Vice President of Student Success, Equity and Diversity
Racial Equity and Justice Institute Convener
Bridgewater State University